Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    May 18, 2026
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race
    • Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing
    • Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail
    • Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher
    • Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return
    • Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica
    • Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Benue governor warns against attack on Fulani herdsmen

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 23, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    PDP berates Ortom over betrayal in 2023 election
    Former Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Governor Samuel Ortom has warned against attacking Fulan herdsmen in Benue state

    Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue has warned citizens against cattle rustling and attack on Fulani herdsmen in retaliation, noting that, they will face the law if they do.

    Ortom, who gave the warning at an emergency stakeholders meeting in Makurdi on Monday, urged the people to report any violation to appropriate authority for action.

    The governor said anybody that rustle cattle and kill Fulani herdsmen would not be spared by the law, stressing that the Anti-Open Grazing Law protected both herdsmen and farmers.

    He disclosed that the law was against cattle rustling and it also forbids cattle from grazing openly, especially on farms, stressing that there were stiff penalties attached to the offences.

    He said that 80,000 people had been registered as Internally Displaced Persons at the five camps opened by the state government as a result of the Fulani herdsmen killings.

    He further sued for unity and peace among his subjects irrespective of their political and religious affiliations to enable them tackle the security challenges that had bedeviled the state.

    READ: Presidency begs Ghali Na’Abba, lists Buhari’s achievements

    Amb. Iyorwuese Hagher, a former Nigerian Envoy to Canada, advocated for State Police, stating that state police would assist in curbing the security challenges that engulfed the states.

    Senator Fred Orti corroborated Ortom by calling on the people to bury their differences, be they political or religious, so as to address the insecurity in the state head on.

    Prof. Jerry Agada said that Benue people fought for the survival of Nigeria to keep it one and indivisible entity and they ought to do same by tackling the Fulani herdsmen attack head on.

    Former Minister of Power and Steel, Paul Unongo commended Benue people for uniting in order to tackle the incessant attack on them by herdsmen.

    Unongo stressed that the unity should be forever and not just temporary because the more united they were the more stronger and viable they would be.

    The Tor Tiv, Prof. James Ayatse, said that the Anti-Open Grazing Law did not breach any section of the constitution, and wondered why the herdsmen were resisting it.

    The Och’ Idoma, Elias Obekpa, called for constant patrol of River Benue by the Marine Police, stressing that, most times the attackers come through the river to launch attack.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    May 18, 2026
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    May 18, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.