Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Bandits kill seven worshippers in Kaduna

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoSeptember 2, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Bride, 12 others kidnapped by bandits in Sokoto
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    No fewer than seven people have reportedly lost their lives following an attack on worshippers in a mosque at Saya-Saya village in Ikara Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

    According to reports, five of the victims were shot dead in the mosque by the bandits while the remaining two other victims were killed at different locations within the area.

    The incident apparently happened around 8 p.m. when the villagers were performing Isha’i (sunset) prayers at a local mosque, according to local sources.

    Confirming the incident, a resident of the village, Dan Asabe, stated that two other villagers who sustained gunshot wounds were rushed to the hospital for treatment.

    Malam Abdulrahaman Yusuf, the village chief, confirmed the tragedy, stating the village’s vigilante leader was among those killed by the bandits inside the mosque.

    “We suspected they traced him (the Vigilante boss) to the mosque to attack him. We were inside the mosque praying when they arrived and started shooting. Five people were killed at the mosque, while a driver who brought food items to the village was also killed. The other person was killed in a nearby village,” he said.

    He added that security forces from Ikara town and the Palgore area arrived at the scene at 12:30 a.m., but the bandits had already fled the village.

    • Gunmen kidnap resident in Abuja

    He further stated that one of the victims with gunshot wounds was transferred to Aminu Kano Hospital for treatment.

    When contacted, Mohammad Lawal Shehu, Chief Press Secretary to Governor Uba Sani, declined to comment, saying he would seek confirmation from the Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs.

    Mansir Alhassan, the State Police Command’s Acting Public Relations Officer, verified the event and said security forces had been dispatched to adjacent bushes to apprehend the bandits.

    He further revealed that the police and other security agencies were not informed of the attack until after the attackers left the area.

    He advised members of the public to always report suspicious movement within their communities to nearby security agencies at the right time.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.