Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Bandits kidnap traditional ruler in Niger state

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 5, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Gunmen kidnap six students
    A file photo of terrorists
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Armed bandits have abducted the Dodo of Wawa, Dr. Mahmud Ahmed Aliyu of Borgu in New Bussa Local Government Area of Niger State.

    Reports say that the monarch was kidnapped from his palace around 10 pm on Saturday night.

    It was gathered that the gunmen who stormed the community unexpectedly, went straight to the royal father’s palace, shooting sporadically to scare residents before whisking him away to an unknown location.

    An eyewitness who craved anonymity said that the assailants arrived on motorcycles and were dressed in military uniforms.

    • Abducted Niger state commissioner released after 4 days

    ”They arrived on motorcycles at 10 pm yesterday and shooting into the air that threw the whole palace and the area into panic. They left with our ruler and presently, nothing has been heard on his whereabouts,” the source stated.

    The Niger state Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, DSP Wasiu Abiodun, confirmed the incident, adding that a special tactical team has been dispatched on search and rescue mission for the traditional ruler and also to arrest the hoodlums.

    It can be recalled that Chronicle NG reported the abduction the Niger state commissioner of Information and Strategy on August 8, 2021.

    He was released by his captors on August 11, 2021.

    The commissioner, Sani Idris, was abducted from his home at Babban-Tunga village in Tafa local government area of Niger state.

    The victim revealed that his abductors who came from Zamfara state were contracted to kidnap him based on information that he recieves huge amounts of money from the governor on a monthly basis.

    He however asked well-wishers not to curse his captors because he has forgiven them.

    The commissioner said: “Allah has promised to test us. I have forgiven the people who kidnapped me. Please don’t curse them or say anything bad against them. I left them in regret.

    “The kidnappers said they were contracted to kidnap me. They are from Zamfara.

    ” They don’t know me but the person who told them to kidnap me told them that the Governor gives me N200 million monthly.

    “The kidnappers never knew this village before. They were given a picture of my house and that was how they came here.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.