Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Atiku condemns arraignment of malnourished child protesters

    MayorBy MayorNovember 1, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Kano withdraws criminal charges against #EndBadGovernance protesters
    End bad governance protesters in the courtroom
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Friday reacted to the disturbing viral videos of malnourished children being arraigned before a Federal High Court on Friday.

    This was disclosed in a statement issued by Atiku’s media team in Abuja and a corresponding post on his official X account.

    Atiku lamented that the pitiable sight of the children in the courtroom ”was reminiscent of the infamous Nazi concentration camp.”

    The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate in the 2023 election also noted that it was an utter violation of Section 11 of the Child’s Rights Act, which guarantees that no child should be subjected to physical, mental, or emotional injury as well as torture and inhuman punishment.

    Atiku said, “If they are just being arraigned three months later, one can only imagine the sort of dehumanising conditions they had been subjected to and have been detained all this while.

    • Minors collapse in court as FG arraigns 76 #EndBadGovernance protesters

    “I find it reprehensible that a man who claims to have fought for Nigeria’s democracy and had led protests now demonises those who decide to demonstrate against the effects of his harsh and draconian policies.

    “Children who are the most affected by these policies have every right to protest peacefully as guaranteed by the Constitution and the Child Rights Act.

    “A nation can be assessed by the way it treats its most vulnerable citizens. It is saddening that even underage children are not spared from the wickedness of T-Pain.

    “The disturbing condition under which the alleged accused children were brought to court projects the very justification for their participation in the protest in the first place.”

    Chronicle NG earlier reported that no fewer than 76 #EndBadGovernance protesters were paraded before Justice Obiora Egwuatum for their scheduled arraignment.

    They were arrested and detained during the nationwide August 1 to 10 protests, which were sparked by widespread economic hardship that led many Nigerians to take to the streets to express their grievances.

    The protesters, who were arrested in Abuja, Kaduna, Gombe, Jos, Katsina, and Kano states, were being accused of treason among other offences.

    However, four of the detained demonstrators, mainly minors, were said to have been hurriedly rushed out of the courtroom after they struggled to stand on their feet.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The terrorists who kidnapped about 35 worshippers from the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Igan, Eruku, in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State, have reportedly demanded N100 million ransom per victim.

    Kwara govt yet to release freed church abductees after one week

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.