Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    May 18, 2026
    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return
    • Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica
    • Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    • Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    1 killed, 10 injured in petrol tanker explosion on Abuja-Kaduna highway

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorAugust 31, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    1 killed, 10 injured in petrol tanker explosion on Abuja-Kaduna highway
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Niger State Emergency Management Agency (NSEMA) has confirmed the death of one person while 10 others were injured in a petrol tanker explosion at Dikko-junction on the Abuja-Kaduna expressway.

    Alhaji Ahmed Inga, the Director General of NSEMA Newsmen in Minna on Saturday that the incident occurred at about 10:30 pm on Friday night and also resulted in the burning of several vehicles.

    “We received a report from our Suleja Desk Officer that there was a tanker explosion and many people were affected.

    “We cannot give the actual number of people that lost their lives, we will confirm that during our assessment; but from the report of our Suleja Desk Officer, one person died in the incident.

    “Many people were injured and several vehicles were completely burnt,”he said.

    READ: President Buhari condemns Tiv/Jukun crisis

    He said that firefighters from the State Fire Service in conjunction with their counterparts in the Federal Fire Service were able to bring the fire under control around 4:30 am on Saturday morning.

    Inga said the corpse of the deceased had been deposited in the morgue at Umaru Musa Hospital, Sabon Wuse, while those injured were also receiving treatment at the same facility.

    He said the agency’s officials would visit the scene of the incident to ascertain the cause of the explosion.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

    May 18, 2026
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    May 18, 2026
    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    May 18, 2026
    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.