Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Man denies wife’s pregnancy, says only had sex six times

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoSeptember 14, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Visa will be denied if you only want to travel for childbirth – US Mission
    A file photo of a pregnant lady
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Samaila Salisu, a 38-year-old man, has denied the paternity of his estranged wife, Maryam Ibrahim’s three-month-old pregnancy.

    Salisu told the Sharia Court in Magajin Gari, Kaduna, Kaduna State that he had sexual intercourse with his wife only six times since they got married.

    Salisu said, “I had intercourse with her only six times since we got married. I am not aware of any pregnancy. I am just hearing the news today. I am sure the pregnancy does not belong to me.

    “I have witnesses that can testify that the pregnancy isn’t mine because she left our matrimonial home.”

    In her defence, Maryam said the pregnancy belongs to her estranged husband.

    “We used to spend time together even after I left my matrimonial home.

    “My husband failed to keep his promise to take care of me. I wasn’t comfortable in the village where he kept me.

    “In the village, my breakfast was pap without sugar and leftover food.

    “Back here in the city, I take tea with milk and bread.

    “I couldn’t cope living in the village,” she said.

    Earlier, Salisu urged the court to interpret the position of his marriage.

    “She left my house, and all efforts that she returned failed,” he said.

    The presiding judge, Malam Isiyaku Abdulrahman, adjourned the case for the complainant to present witnesses testifying that his wife cheated and got pregnant.

    However, he warned that if the witnesses failed to convince the court, the complainant would be punished for lying and defaming his wife.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.