Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth
    • PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race
    • Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west
    • Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’
    • Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak
    • DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation
    • JUST IN: EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman in Kaduna
    • Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Saudi cancels visa of 264 Nigerians in Jeddah

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedNovember 13, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Saudi Crown Prince says Israel must not attack Iran
    Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Saudi Arabian authorities cancelled the visas of all the 264 passengers airlifted to Jeddah from Lagos and Kano on Sunday.

    The development comes as rude shock  and utter disbelief when at a time when President Bola Tinubu recently visited the country for a summit.

    The authorities insisted that the airline should return them to Nigeria.

    The flight took off from Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, via the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano, on Sunday night and landed at King Abdul-Aziz International Airport, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    But to the consternation of the airline staff, the Saudi Arabian authorities announced that all the passengers’ visas had been cancelled.

    Despite the fact that the passengers went through the Advanced Passengers Information System (APIS) during the check-in procedures in Nigeria, which the Saudi authorities also monitored.

    • Saudi Arabia to invest in Nigeria’s refineries, support forex reforms

    Chronicle NG reports that Air Peace penultimate week launched a direct flight to Jeddah, which has been recording a high load factor.

    A source who confirmed the development said, “The screening of passengers from the MMIA and Kano Airport was thorough, and there was no issue with the visas. These were people who were duly issued the visa, and they passed through the advanced passenger information system, which is accessible to both authorities in Lagos and Jeddah. We are surprised because this cancellation was announced when the flight had already landed.

    “We are suspecting this is a strategy to frustrate the Nigerian carrier out of the route; some people are definitely not happy with the option Air Peace is providing, the direct flight to Jeddah, as opposed to using another foreign airline that attracts higher fares.”

    It was learned that it was when the Nigerian embassy waded in that Saudi authorities reduced the number of passengers that would be returned to 177 from 264.

    As of the time of filing this report, the airline was on its way to Nigeria with the 177 passengers that were denied entry; the majority of them were going to perform lesser Hajj (Umrah).

    The Nigerian leader also proceeded for lesser Hajj at the end of the summit, where he met the high and mighty in the Arabic country.

    Chronicle NG reports that prior to the commencement of direct flights by Air Peace, Saudia, a Saudi Arabian flag carrier, had been operating directly from Nigeria to Saudi Arabia.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation

    Former Power Minister Saleh Mamman arrested by EFCC operatives in Kaduna after corruption conviction and sentencing.

    JUST IN: EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman in Kaduna

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’

    May 19, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.