Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    May 18, 2026
    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    May 18, 2026
    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica
    • Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    • Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NAF airstrikes kill several terrorists in Borno, Niger

    David GreatBy David GreatMay 5, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    DHQ denies civilian deaths after deadly anti-bandit airstrike in Niger
    NAF Fighter Jet
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says the air components of Operations Hadin Kai and Whirl Punch in the North-East and North-Central killed several terrorists in airstrikes in Borno and Niger.

    The air force disclosed this in a statement issued by its spokesperson, Edward Gabkwet, on Sunday in Abuja.

    Gabkwet said the air components had continued to obliterate terrorists and destroy their structures, equipment and mobility, thereby limiting their ability to attack ground troops and innocent Nigerians at will.

    In the North-East, he said the air interdiction was authorised and conducted on May 3 over Chinane, a location tucked inside the Mandara mountain.

    Terrorists had been observed to be emanating from various locations and assembling ostensibly for a meeting.

    • Airstrikes killed 30 terrorist kingpins, fighters in Borno – NAF

    According to him, seven gun trucks were also observed parked under trees within the same location.

    Mr Gabkwet said the aircraft bombarded the assembly area and tree coverings and destroyed their weapons and mobility.

    He said that the battle damage assessment revealed that the strikes were successful as several terrorists were neutralised and logistics destroyed.

    According to him, similar airstrikes were conducted the same day by the air component of Operation Whirl Punch in pre-emptive airstrikes over terrorists hibernating in Allawa village, near Shiroro town in Niger.

    The NAF spokesman said the mission was conducted following credible intelligence, which revealed the migration of terrorists into the village after the mass exit of locals for fear of their safety.

    He said the terrorists had, on May 1, stormed the deserted Allawa community in Shiroro Local Government Area and torched the Central Primary School.

    “In the evening of the same day, another group of terrorists also arrived at the location, wielding AK-47/49 rifles after invading Galapai village in Galadima Kogo District of Shiroro.

    “Accordingly, to prevent further occupation as well as pursue the terrorists from the location, the air component scrambled a formation of its platforms to attack the area.

    “On arrival at the location, several terrorists were sighted and engaged effectively.

    “Furthermore, following credible intelligence as well as detailed aerial observation, which confirmed the presence of their cache of arms hidden inside Allawa Forest, the air component further carried out air strikes at the location,” he said.

    Gabkwet also said that the NAF carried out air strikes north of Arugbana and Temakiri in the Niger Delta, where illegal refining sites were observed and destroyed.

    According to him, this action minimised oil thieves’ capabilities to sabotage and continually destroy oil pipelines.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    Police bust spirit fraud syndicate targeting Kano residents

    Police lose 17 officers in attack on army school in Yobe

    Boko Haram terrorists abduct 42 students in Borno

    Boko Haram terrorists abduct 42 students in Borno

    President Bola Tinubu and Rwandan President Paul Kagame during bilateral talks at the Africa CEO Forum in Kigali.

    Nigeria to adopt Rwanda-style 30-day visa-free policy for Africans

    DHQ says Boko Haram, ISWAP fighters use similar names to hide identities

    DHQ denies civilian casualty claims in Zamfara strike

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    Mourinho to return as Real Madrid coach after unbeaten run at Benfica

    May 18, 2026
    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    May 18, 2026
    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.