Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Jigawa building collapse kills father, son, mother hospitalized

    David GreatBy David GreatAugust 12, 2024No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    A building collapse in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli killed 14 people, the civil defense head confirmed Monday, after search and rescue operations stopped the day before.
    File Photo of a collapsed building
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Buji Local Government Council of Jigawa State has confirmed the death of a 30-year-old man and his two-year-old son in a building collapse that occurred in Madabe village.

    The council’s Information Officer, Ali Safiyanu, who confirmed the information in Dutse on Monday, said the 25-year-old mother of the boy survived the incident.

    Safiyanu said that the surviving mother was responding to treatment at an undisclosed hospital.

    He explained that the incident which led to the collapse of the building occurred on Sunday during a heavy downpour.

    • Jigawa imposes 24-hour curfew as day-one protest turns violent

    Also speaking, the state spokesman for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Badaruddeen Tijjani, confirmed the incident but could not immediately give the names of the deceased and the survivor.

    Tijjani said investigation had since commenced into the incident.

    Recall that flood wreaked havoc between Thursday and Sunday in some villages in the area, displacing about 400 households and destroying about 1,000 farms.

    The state Management Emergency Management Agency had already distributed relief items to the displaced persons camped in one of the schools in the area.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    A building collapse in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli killed 14 people, the civil defense head confirmed Monday, after search and rescue operations stopped the day before.

    Tripoli building collapse kills 14 people

    Saliba sees red as Bournemouth defeat 10-nan Arsenal 2-0

    Bournemouth score late to earn 3-2 win against Liverpool

    Dasuki trial: EFCC traces N2.2bn election security funds to firms

    Dasuki trial: EFCC traces N2.2bn election security funds to firms

    Technology-Enabled Banking

    Why technology-enabled banking Is a multiplier for Nigeria’s 2036 Goal

    Warren Buffett resigns after 60 years as CEO Berkshire Hathaway

    Warren Buffett resigns after 60 years as CEO Berkshire Hathaway

    US pauses visa processing for Nigeria, Russia, 73 others

    US Embassy: Visas issued before 2026 valid despite Nigeria travel ban

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.