Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    US seeks to expand Nollywood, inspects film school in Jos

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedApril 1, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    US seeks to expand Nollywood, inspects film school in Jos
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The United States’ cultural affairs representative in Nigeria, Ms. Julie Mckay, has guaranteed the creative industry of her nation’s support for the Film sector’s expansion.

    She made the assurance on Friday in Jos while touring cultural sites, museums, and the National Film Institute (NFI) and inspecting facilities at the Nigerian Film Corporation (NFC).

    On Thursday, the envoy paid a call to the Film Corporation and met with the board of directors.

    Mckay reaffirmed her nation’s resolve to work with the Film Corporation to promote young development after meeting with the NFC earlier this year in Abuja and Jos.

    “Since we spoke last week, we have already brought U.S. filmmakers to Nigeria, they are in Lagos now and will be in Abuja next week.

    “I think we do agree that more interaction between the film industries in the United States and Nigeria is mutually beneficial, so we are certainly looking to do that.

    “Building creative industries, helping Nigeria build their creative industries is one of our priorities, and so we look forward to working with you on that.

    “One of our main priorities is opportunities for youth, and so we have many opportunities for young people, a lot for entrepreneurship.

    “We will be opening an opportunity for the academy for women entrepreneurs, and they could be filmmakers, there are a lot of opportunities and the U.S. wants to be strong partners with Nigeria in this area,” she said.

    Responding, Dr. Chidia Maduekwe, Managing Director/Chief Executive of NFC, expressed joy at the development, saying that when the opportunity came, he would ensure making the most use of it.

    He noted that this would mean an opportunity to reduce unemployment while engaging the youth in the country.

    • MTF 2022: Young filmakers bag N2m grant, New York Film Academy scholarship

    “I am excited, I am also hopeful because I know that whenever America enters into the fora, they come as heavyweights, so our relationship cannot be the same after this visit.

    “We expect that the handshake between Nollywood and Hollywood will now have some more interaction.

    “I am going to deploy the opportunity to expand the institute to exponential capacities that are waiting for such an opportunity to expand.

    “We are going to multiply that capacity so that Nigerian youths can have more equipment in a way to pursue their God-given talent or unlock the potential to become creators of wealth.

    “I believe the creative industry is a low-hanging fruit, our relationship with the United States will enable us to squeeze our juice from unemployment to employment,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.