Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    US President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday that US forces conducted deadly strikes against Islamic State terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria and vowed more attacks if the militants keep killing Christians.

    Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’

    May 22, 2026
    APC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    May 22, 2026
    Kayode Fayemi has cautioned that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has strayed from its basic mission, citing a significant lack of intellectualism and internal debate inside the ruling party.

    APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’
    • ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai
    • APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi
    • Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest
    • Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season
    • Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Taylor Swift wins $1 assault case against DJ David Mueller

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorAugust 15, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Taylor Swift is the only female artist to have eight UK number one albums this century
    Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform in Vienna, Austria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Taylor Swift counter sued DJ David Mueller for just $1

    Pop star Taylor Swift has won a sexual assault case against ex-radio DJ David Mueller, who she said had groped her at a 2013 concert.

    He assaulted her by grabbing her bottom beneath her skirt during a photo shoot, a jury in Denver, Colorado, found.

    BBC reports that she was awarded a symbolic $1 (77p) in damages that she had sought.

    Mr Mueller had originally tried to sue the pop star, saying that her claims had cost him his job. But that lawsuit was thrown out by a judge last week.

    On Monday, the jury also rejected similar claims Mueller had made against the singer’s mother, Andrea Swift, and her radio liaison, Frank Bell.

    READ: Lagos turns Oworonshoki to tourism, entertainment hub

    In a statement following the verdict, Ms Swift said: “I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this.

    Taylor Swift (left) was present throughout the trial, often with her mother Andrea (second right)

    “My hope is to help those whose voices should also be heard.

    “Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves.”

    The assault took place during a Denver stopover on the singer’s Red tour.

    Mr Mueller, then a host on the radio station KYGO, had been invited to meet her before the show.

    The singer complained to KYGO and the station fired Mr Mueller two days later.

    Last Friday, Ms Swift’s former bodyguard gave evidence, supporting her sex assault claims by testifying that he saw the DJ reach under her skirt.

    Greg Dent told the Colorado court he “did not see his hand touch her physically”, but “saw his hand under her skirt”.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    US President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday that US forces conducted deadly strikes against Islamic State terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria and vowed more attacks if the militants keep killing Christians.

    Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’

    APC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    Kayode Fayemi has cautioned that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has strayed from its basic mission, citing a significant lack of intellectualism and internal debate inside the ruling party.

    APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    US President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday that US forces conducted deadly strikes against Islamic State terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria and vowed more attacks if the militants keep killing Christians.

    Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’

    May 22, 2026
    APC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    May 22, 2026
    Kayode Fayemi has cautioned that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has strayed from its basic mission, citing a significant lack of intellectualism and internal debate inside the ruling party.

    APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi

    May 22, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    May 22, 2026
    Azpilicueta to retire at end of season

    Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.