Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    May 18, 2026
    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    May 18, 2026
    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly
    • Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation
    • Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west
    • El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail
    • Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary
    • Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital
    • Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season
    • Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Mohbad: Fans cannot ask for rapper’s corpse – Police

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoNovember 22, 2023No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court to hear suit seeking new probe into Mohbad’s death
    Mohbad's death has sparked controversy
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Lagos State Police Command has stated that fans of the late musician Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly called Mohbad, cannot seek the deceased’s corpse.

    This comes after fans and friends of the late artist demanded that his body be released for burial.

    Chronicle NG reported that Tuesday, November 21, 2023, marked two months since the corpse of the late Mohbad was exhumed and an autopsy was conducted to unravel the cause of the death of the singer.

    The police have said the autopsy report is not with them yet.

    Benjamin Hundeyin, the state police public relations officer, tweeted in September that an “autopsy has been concluded” and the police were “awaiting results.”

    When asked by one of the reporters on Monday about the release of Mohbad’s autopsy report, Hundeyin disclosed that the command had yet to get the report officially.

    Hundeyin stated that “the autopsy report has not been given to us. Some people have been carrying rumors that it’s ready. It’s one thing for it to be ready; it’s another thing for it to be given to us officially—that we would receive and sign a copy that we have received it. So, we don’t work with rumors; we work with facts.”

    Bella Shmurda, a Nigerian singer, and other netizens and admirers had petitioned the authorities to release Mohbad’s remains.

    Olumiyi, Mohbad’s mother, also revealed on Tuesday that she went to the state command last week and was told his late son’s remains were ready for release.

    She claimed that the deceased’s father was the reason her late son was not buried, claiming that the police had released the body but were waiting for the family to come and take it for burial.

    Olumiyi made this claim in a viral video on Tuesday while appealing to Nigerians for help in obtaining the late singer’s remains from the Lagos State Police Command.

    She said, “Nigerians, I cry to you to help demand the release of my son’s corpse. I pray that you will not witness your children’s deaths too.

    “Mohbad’s corpse has been released since the completion of the autopsy, but his father has refused to let his corpse be released for burial despite my repeatedly begging him.

    “I went to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police last week, and he told me that Mohbad’s remains had been released before now, questioning why we are letting his body waste away and if we are happy that he’s dead,” she added.

    “All of you that have gone to exhume Mohbad’s body should wake up now and insist that he should be buried. It is not like I have not been willing to speak out since, but I leave everything to God. All the things the father has been saying are also left to God.”

    • Mohbad: Autopsy report not with us – Police

    However, the late singer’s father, Joseph Aloba, stated that no one should collect his son’s body for burial without his permission.

    On Sunday, he revealed this in a TikTok video.

    “When this boy was alive, he was alive. When he left, he still retained my name. Nobody should go there and take his body, please,” he warned.

    His father added, “If they want to do anything there, I’ll be the one to authorize them. Nobody should go and carry MohBad’s body from there.”

    When pressed further on Monday about the delay in the autopsy result, Mohbad’s father remained silent.

    “For now, I can’t say anything until we have another meeting in court. So, I don’t want to say anything concerning that now,” Aloba said.

    During an exclusive chat with one of our correspondents on Monday evening, the police PRO stated that only Mohbad’s family could take his body.

    Hundeyin said, “On the issue of the corpse, fans cannot request the corpse, well-wishers cannot request the corpse, only the family can request the corpse, and the family has not done that.”

    “They (the family) will request it when they’re ready. If they request it today, they will get it today.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    May 18, 2026
    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    May 18, 2026
    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    May 18, 2026
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    May 18, 2026
    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.