Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    February 18, 2026
    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans
    • Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo
    • Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised
    • Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage
    • Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau
    • Vinicius, racism and Mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 
    • Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026
    • Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Alec Baldwin says he didn’t pull the trigger on Rust film set

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 2, 2021No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Alec Baldwin shot and killed Halyna Hutchins
    Alec Baldwin shot and killed Halyna Hutchins accidentally
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Alec Baldwin says he “didn’t pull the trigger” of the gun that fatally wounded cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his film, Rust.

    The star made the claim in his first sit-down interview since the incident in October.

    “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never,” he told George Stephanopoulos of ABC News.

    The interview was recorded on Tuesday, and is due to be broadcast in the US on Thursday evening.

    Mr Stephanopoulos described their 80-minute discussion as “raw” and “intense.

    The journalist described Mr Baldwin, 63, as “devastated” yet “very candid” and “forthcoming”, while previewing the interview on Wednesday’s Good Morning America.

    “I’ve done thousands of interviews in the last 20 years at ABC,” he said. “This was the most intense I’ve ever experienced.”

    Mr Baldwin is best-known for his performances in films like Glengarry Glen Ross and The Hunt For Red October, as well as his impersonation of Donald Trump on US sketch show Saturday Night Live.

    • Crew member sues Alec Baldwin over ‘Rust’ shooting incident

    Asked by @GStephanopoulos how a real bullet got on the “Rust” set, Alec Baldwin says: “I have no idea. Someone put a live bullet in a gun. A bullet that wasn’t even supposed to be on the property.”

    The interview marks the first time Mr Baldwin has spoken about the incident on camera, except for a brief interview he gave to TMZ in October, in a bid to stop the paparazzi from following him and his family.

    In that appearance, he described the incident as a “one in a trillion episode” and said accidents of this nature very rarely happened on film sets.

    Ms Hutchins was shot and killed as Mr Baldwin rehearsed with what he believed to be a “cold” – or safe – gun on the set of Rust in New Mexico.

    It is believed to have been discharged when he removed it from a holster during rehearsals for a forthcoming scene.

    Ms Hutchins was flown to hospital by helicopter after the shooting but later died of her injuries. Director Joel Souza, 48, was also injured.

    According to court records, Mr Baldwin was handed the weapon by the film’s assistant director, Dave Halls, who did not know it contained live ammunition and indicated it was unloaded by shouting “cold gun”.

    Mr Halls had been given the gun by Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the 24-year-old armorer on the film.

    Asked by Mr Stephanopoulos how a live bullet had made its way on to the set, Mr Baldwin replied, “I have no idea.

    “Someone put a live bullet into a gun. A bullet that wasn’t even supposed to be on the property.”

    Lawyers for Ms Gutierrez-Reed have said she did not know where “the live rounds came from”. That question is now at the centre of a police investigation in the US.

    Earlier this week, the investigators obtained a warrant to search the premises of an arms supplier in the US.

    An affidavit with the warrant said police were told ammunition for the film had come from several sources, including PDQ Arm & Prop.

    The affidavit said the ammunition supplier’s owner, Seth Kenney, had told investigators the live round might have been from some “reloaded ammunition”.

    He said the ammunition he supplied for the film consisted of dummy rounds and blanks, according to the affidavit.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100 per dollar in 2026

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    February 18, 2026
    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    February 18, 2026
    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.