Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Soludo bans mini skirts as school uniform In Anambra

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedSeptember 19, 2022No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Professor Chukwuma Soludo Anambra
    Governor Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra state
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The administration of Governor Charles Soludo of Anambra State has banned the wearing of mini skirts as school uniform in all schools in the state.

    The state commissioner for Education, Ngozi Chuma-Udeh, stated in Awka on Sunday that the announcement of the ban became necessary as schools resume on Monday.

    She said the ban had been communicated to Education Secretaries of public and private schools in the state.

    The commissioner condemned the growing trend of wearing miniskirts as school uniform and said it was morally wrong and unacceptable in children of school age.

    • Anambra man kills brother over N1500 electricity bill

    “A student should look smart, well groomed, project positive vibes and not be indecently dressed for school.”

    “The acceptable length for uniforms in the state remains knee length and not above the knee, which is fast becoming the fashion trend in schools,” she noted.

    The commissioner said Education Secretaries had been charged to ensure that schools complied with the directive to salvage the future of students in the state.

    Ms Chuma-Udeh also urged the secretaries to instil the right morals and discipline in students so that they would be well-behaved and grow to become responsible adults.

    Ban

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    May 18, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.