Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    'Where’s the evidence?', SDP questions Tinubu’s $50bn foreign investment claim

    SDP expels presidential candidate, 11 others as crisis worsens

    May 21, 2026
    Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment

    Otedola sells Geregu stake to invest in Dangote refinery

    May 21, 2026
    APC releases 2027 election timetable and nomination fees for presidential, governorship, and legislative aspirants

    APC primaries tear Benue apart, ‘results were allocated’ aggrieved members claim

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • SDP expels presidential candidate, 11 others as crisis worsens
    • Otedola sells Geregu stake to invest in Dangote refinery
    • APC primaries tear Benue apart, ‘results were allocated’ aggrieved members claim
    • APC primaries most competitive in history – Yilwatda
    • Goodluck Jonathan should stay out of 2027 race – Lamido
    • Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primary
    • Clinical Aston Villa outclass Freiburg to win Europa League
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    JAMB fixes new date for 2023 UTME

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedApril 9, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    JAMB said the examination body was working to recover N4.2 billion owed by Zenith Bank over previous transactions
    JAMB registrar, Prof Ishaq Oloyede (second left) says Ekele Franklin was best UTME candidate
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set a new start date for the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations. (UTME).

    The board made the announcement in Abuja on Sunday in a statement signed by its Head of Public Affairs and Protocol, Dr Fabian Benjamin.

    Benjamin said that the UTME, which was previously planned to begin on April 29, will now begin on April 25, 2023.

    He also said that the board’s rescheduled mock-UTME will take place on April 18, 2023.

    “It should be noted that JAMB previously held its 2023 Mock-UTME on Thursday, March 30 in 725 locations across the country.”

    “However, the exercise encountered some technical difficulties in some centers, denying some candidates the opportunity to sit for the examination.”

    “The board’s mock examination was designed to test its own and its partners’ readiness for the UTME, as well as to give prospective candidates hands-on experience with the CBT test environment.”

    • 2023 UTME: 1.1m candidates register for JAMB

    “As a result, the mock examination has been rescheduled to take place on Tuesday, April 18, in order to give those candidates who were unable to sit for the examination due to no fault of their own the opportunity to take the examination,” he stated.

    Candidates who were present and vetted for the test but were unable to sit for it were rescheduled to repeat the mock examination on April 18.

    As a consequence, Benjamin said that the results of the applicants who passed the mock test on March 30 had been disclosed.

    He also said that the board has moved the date of its 2023 UTME, which was previously slated for Saturday, April 29, to Tuesday, April 25.

    He said that the change in the UTME date was made to meet certain other vital and essential national duties.

    “The board hopes that by doing so, no citizen will be denied the opportunity to exercise their civic responsibilities.”

    ” It should be noted that the board does not have the option of moving its test ahead since other public exams are scheduled to begin in early May 2023.

    “Yet another factor is the need to accommodate those institutions with a stable academic calendar so that they can resume as planned,” he said.

    He said that the board will continue to collaborate with appropriate government organisations to ensure that its candidates received the best possible care.

    He said that the board sought everyone’s understanding as it carried out its vital task.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    'Where’s the evidence?', SDP questions Tinubu’s $50bn foreign investment claim

    SDP expels presidential candidate, 11 others as crisis worsens

    Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment

    Otedola sells Geregu stake to invest in Dangote refinery

    APC releases 2027 election timetable and nomination fees for presidential, governorship, and legislative aspirants

    APC primaries tear Benue apart, ‘results were allocated’ aggrieved members claim

    ADC: APC will win 2027 elections convincingly - Yilwatda

    APC primaries most competitive in history – Yilwatda

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    Goodluck Jonathan should stay out of 2027 race – Lamido

    Governor Siminialayi Fubara has appointed a new chief of staff and also secretary to the Rivers State Government.

    Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primary

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    'Where’s the evidence?', SDP questions Tinubu’s $50bn foreign investment claim

    SDP expels presidential candidate, 11 others as crisis worsens

    May 21, 2026
    Dangote refinery IPO demand nears $2bn as Otedola commits $100m investment

    Otedola sells Geregu stake to invest in Dangote refinery

    May 21, 2026
    APC releases 2027 election timetable and nomination fees for presidential, governorship, and legislative aspirants

    APC primaries tear Benue apart, ‘results were allocated’ aggrieved members claim

    May 21, 2026
    ADC: APC will win 2027 elections convincingly - Yilwatda

    APC primaries most competitive in history – Yilwatda

    May 21, 2026
    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    Goodluck Jonathan should stay out of 2027 race – Lamido

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.