Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Children and families affected by hunger in northern Nigeria as the UN warns of worsening food insecurity crisis.

    35 million Nigerians face acute hunger crisis — UN

    May 24, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate after defeating Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park as the newly crowned Premier League champions.

    Arsenal celebrate Premier League title with routine win at Crystal Palace

    May 24, 2026
    Fernandes

    Fernandes breaks assist record as Man United thrash Brighton 3-0

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 35 million Nigerians face acute hunger crisis — UN
    • Arsenal celebrate Premier League title with routine win at Crystal Palace
    • Fernandes breaks assist record as Man United thrash Brighton 3-0
    • Guardiola loses final Man City match in Aston Villa defeat
    • Liverpool clinch Champions League spot in Salah’s last match
    • Tottenham escape relegation after narrowly beating Everton
    • US, Iran report major progress in talks to end months of war
    • Trump reveals US will not ‘rush into a deal’ with Iran
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    JAMB to close UTME/DE registration March 26, 1.5m candidates registered

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 21, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    JAMB relaxes 16-year-old age limit for 2024/2025 admission
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has reiterated its stand to close its 2022 registration exercise on Saturday, March 26, as earlier scheduled.

    The board made this known in its Weekly Bulletin of the Office of the Registrar on Monday, in Abuja.

    JAMB said that the sale of e-PINs for its Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) which commenced on Feb. 19, to end on Saturday March 26, would not attract any extension.

    “This emphasis is essential because of the persistent drop in the number of e-PINs being vended, as well as the low turnout of candidates at the various centres across the nation.

    “It would be recalled that the board had stated that it would not extend the registration beyond the window allotted to it by relevant authorities to conduct the exercise.

    • Ex-Anambra Gov Obiano Granted Bail

    “As discussed earlier, registration dates are not fixed arbitrarily but through a consensus of the Federal Ministry of Education and examination agencies, before the commencement of the exercise.

    “Therefore, all candidates who desired to register for this year’s examination are to do so immediately, as they only have this week and no extension would be granted after close of registration,” JAMB stated.

    The board, however, said that it had so far registered 1, 512, 739 candidates as at Saturday, March 19.

    It added that it had also, remitted N261, 992, 200 to accredited Computer Based Tests (CBT) centres and the N700 accumulated service charge for the fourth week of the exercise.

    The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalled that the board had earlier introduced a cashless policy and directed all candidates to pay the N700 service charge to the e-PIN vendors, alongside the N3,500 application fees.

    JAMB said that the cashless policy was introduced to curb the excess of some fraudulent CBT centres, who would want to take advantage of hapless candidates.

    It promised, however, to remit to the centres, the accumulated N700 service charge on a weekly basis, proportional to the number of candidates they registered.

    In a similar development, the board said that it had suspended two financial institutions who were also vendors in its ongoing exercise.

    JAMB said that the vendors were also blacklisted for allowing their agents to vend UTME e-PINs to candidates, above the stipulated price of N4,700 cost of registration.

    The board said that, besides blacklisting the vendors, it would retrieve the details of the agents for prosecution.

    It would also report their illicit act to the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, to ensure extorted candidates were fully refunded.

    src

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Children and families affected by hunger in northern Nigeria as the UN warns of worsening food insecurity crisis.

    35 million Nigerians face acute hunger crisis — UN

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    Atiku says Nigeria needs experienced candidate to unseat Tinubu

    Wendy Achumba

    Wendy Achumba: killers of Imo student nurse arrested

    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Children and families affected by hunger in northern Nigeria as the UN warns of worsening food insecurity crisis.

    35 million Nigerians face acute hunger crisis — UN

    May 24, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate after defeating Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park as the newly crowned Premier League champions.

    Arsenal celebrate Premier League title with routine win at Crystal Palace

    May 24, 2026
    Fernandes

    Fernandes breaks assist record as Man United thrash Brighton 3-0

    May 24, 2026
    Guardiola celebrates milestone as Man City win at Leicester

    Guardiola loses final Man City match in Aston Villa defeat

    May 24, 2026
    Rooney says age has caught up with Mohamed Salah Liverpool

    Liverpool clinch Champions League spot in Salah’s last match

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.