The audio of the conversations between the match officials involved in the VAR controversy at Tottenham on Saturday has been supplied to Liverpool.
Liverpool made a formal request to PGMOL for the audio on Monday and asked to hear the conversations, which took place in full.
Liverpool has now received the footage from the PGMOL, and the team is reviewing it.
It is unclear when the audio will be publicly released.
But the PGMOL has not ruled out releasing the audio around the incident before the next edition of Mic’d Up, the organisation’s new monthly programme broadcast on Sky Sports that includes previously unheard audio from decisions between on-field officials and the VAR team.
The PGMOL admitted immediately after Tottenham’s 2-1 win that “a significant human error occurred” when Diaz’s strike was ruled out, adding: “This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention.”
The goal was ruled out when VAR official Darren England mistakenly believed Diaz’s goal was initially allowed to stand and told on-field referee Simon Hooper his check was complete.
Both England and his assistant VAR, Dan Cook, have been removed from matchday duties for this week.
In a statement released on Sunday night, Liverpool said “It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined”.
There is a big push for the remit of PGMOL’s review to not solely be restricted to the VAR failings themselves and how they happened, but to examine the appointment process of the officials given that three of them—two central to the blunder—worked in the UAE 48 hours before the game.
The club added: “It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.
“In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution.”