The National Board for Technical Education has announced an online top-up initiative for Higher National Diploma holders (HND) to convert their certification to a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) through online top-up with internationally approved universities for one year.
Mrs. Fatima Abubakar, the board’s Head of Media Unit, said this in a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja on Monday.
According to Abubakar, this is also to assist the development of HND holders into higher degrees.
The step-by-step guides for HND holders to convert their certificates to a BSc certificate through the NBTE’s one-year programme are below:
- You must own a HND certificate from one of the recognized and approved polytechnics or monotechnic.
- Visit the admission portal at https://admission.topup.nbte.gov.ng. and log in if you have already created an account.
- Supply all your details in relation to your HND, which you already have.
- After creating the account, you can move ahead with the submission of a new application.
- The university’s programmes chosen should align with the technical and vocational fields covered by NBTE.
- After selecting a course of your choice, you will get the option to select which institute you want to study at, and there you can see their programme fees, followed by a button to even view details about the institute on their institutional profile page.
- After submitting the form, you will see the application status under the ‘my applications’ tab, and you can go ahead with the submission of the form fees (USD 100) to enable the university to start processing your admission.
- You can also go to the payments tab to download your fee receipt for the application form fee payment.
- After the university has approved your admission, you can go to my application and download your admission letter.