Connect with us

Headlines News

Herdsmen kill 10 in Kaduna, chairman imposes 24 hours curfew 



Herdsmen kill 10 in Kaduna, chairman imposes 24 hours curfew 

The Kaduna State government has imposed a 24-hour curfew in four communities of the Zango-Kataf Local Government Area following herdsmen attack that killed ten people and a police officer.

Yabo According to Chris Ephraim, Special Assistant (Media) to the Executive Chairman of the Zangon Kataf Local Government Council, the curfew was imposed to allow soldiers to restore peace in the area.

On Saturday night, a police officer and ten others were killed in the LGA by terrorists suspected of being herdsmen.

This comes just 72 hours after a pastor’s son was shot dead and four others were kidnapped in the Karimbu-Kahugu community of the state’s Lere LGA.


A source, who pleaded anonymity confirmed the sad incident to The PUNCH. The source narrated that trouble started earlier on Saturday afternoon when a misunderstanding arose between security operatives and a Fulani man at a checkpoint in Ungwan Wakili which led to a Fulani man and a police man being shot at the checkpoint.

The situation later escalated in the evening when a group of youths who went fishing were attacked and one person macheted to death by the retaliating Fulani terrorists.

The communities affected by the curfew include Ungwan Juju, Mabuhu, Ungwan Wakili, and Zango Urban.

Another source, a resident who did not want his name mentioned, told our correspondent that Angwan Wakili, Angwan Juju, and Mabuhu communities in Atyap chiefdom were under possible attack from the suspected Fulani militia.


“Yesterday, 11th March, 2023 at about 4:45pm, I got informed that the security personnel at a checkpoint in Angwan Wakili tried to stop some Fulani men who were on motorcycle, but they tried to pick a fight with the mobile police officers.

One of the officers was hit with a stick by the Fulani and the officer shot one of them on his leg. In retaliation, the Fulani also shot one of the officers who quickly rushed to the hospital.”

He explained that the suspected Fulani regroup returned to the checkpoint at about 9 to 10 pm and opened fire on the security personnel.

“But by this time, it was the military that was at the checking point exchanging fire.

“Over 10 bodies have been confirmed dead while four sustained gunshot injuries.


The spokesman of the Kaduna Police Command, SP Mohammed Jalige, when contacted by our correspondent, said he would confirm and get back with details as of the time of filing this report.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2016 - 2022 ChronicleNG