Connect with us

Headlines News

Two injured as bandits attack Buhari’s convoy in Katsina

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has justified external borrowings Africa

At least two persons were injured after bandits attacked the convoy of President Muhammadu Buhari in his home state of Katsina.

The convoy of cars carrying the advance team of security guards, as well as protocol and media officers ahead of the President’s trip to Daura for Sallah celebration came under attack near Dutsinma in Katsina.

According to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, only two person’s in Buhari’s convoy were injured by the attack.

In a statement after the attack, Shehu explained that the bandits opened fire on the convoy from ambush positions, but they were repelled by the joint operation of the military, police, and the Department of State Services (DSS) accompanying the convoy.

Advertisement

The attack on Buhari’s advance team is the latest in the series of criminal activities by the outlaws who have continued to terrorise communities in the North West and parts of the north-central region of the country.

Garba Shehu is Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity) Presidency South South

Garba Shehu is Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity)

On Wednesday last week, bandits invaded a mining site at Ajata-Aboki in Gurmana Ward of Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State where some persons were killed, and others abducted.

Thirteen policemen and civilians reportedly lost their lives to the incident while four Chinese nationals were among the victims said to have been kidnapped.

Amid reports that about 30 bodies of soldiers, who had responded to a distress call on the attack were recovered from the bush, the Nigerian Army authorities said “a number of personnel paid the supreme price in the fierce firefight that ensued”.

Read the Presidency’s full statement below:

GALLANT PRESIDENTIAL GUARDS REPEL ATTACK ON ADVANCE TEAM AHEAD OF PRESIDENT’S VISIT

Advertisement

The Presidency has described as sad and unwelcome, the shooting incident near Dutsinma, Katsina State, at the convoy of cars carrying the Advance Team of security guards, protocol and media officers ahead of the President, Muhammadu Buhari’s trip to Daura for Sallah.

The attackers opened fire on the convoy from ambush positions but were repelled by the military, police and DSS personnel accompanying the convoy.

Two persons in the convoy are receiving treatment for the minor injuries they suffered. All the other personnel, staff and vehicles made it safely to Daura.

Garba Shehu

Advertisement

Senior Special Assistant to the President

(Media & Publicity)

July 5, 2022

Advertisement
Advertisement
1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Copyright © 2016 - 2022 ChronicleNG