To enhance the employability of Nigerian youths, the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development calls for applications from suitably qualified candidates for her Work Experience Internship Programme.
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Work Experience Programme (WEP) is designed to provide paid internship opportunities to at least 2,550 Nigerian youths across different industry sectors as follows:
Civil Service (Government Agencies)
Manufacturing (FMCGs, Agriculture, Energy)
Information Technology (Software & Hardware, Telecommunications)
Construction (Architecture, Engineering, Surveying)
Financial (Commercial Banks, Credit Institutions)
Social Justice (NGOs, Law Firms)
About FMYS Work Experience Program
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Work Experience Program is one of the series of economy sustainability projects being implemented as an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youths & Sports Development in Nigeria.
The Work Experience Program (WEP) initiative is a three-month internship programme that will provide participants with the opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills and workplace competencies that increase their potential for a successful employment.
The Work Experience Program (WEP) aims to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development and crucial to thriving in the 21st Century world of work. These skills include Mentoring, Networking, how to gain Scholarships, knowledge of world Competitions, Employment, Training and Business Startups.
Location of Internship:
All states of the Federation, including the FCT
Successful applicants will undergo a 3-month paid internship based on their profile, discipline and location. The program will take place in multiple locations across all states of the 6 Geo-political zones, including the Federal Capital Territory.
Criteria for Selection
This programme is available to the literate population only. In addition, the following have been set as the basic pre-conditions for selection:
1. Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen, male or female between the ages of 18 and 35
2. Must have completed at a University Degree, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or a National Certificate in Education (NCE)
3. Applicant must have, at least one valid means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card – PVC, Drivers’ License)
4. Willing to undertake some travel if selected and the physical training location is not in their state of residence
5. Ability to communicate fluently in English language
Beneficiary should possess the capacity to transfer knowledge, and mentor peers within their immediate environment
Benefits to Successful Interns
1. Provides you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenarios.
2. Gives you valuable insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace
3. Prepares you for the demands and expectations of the fast-evolving world of work
4. Improves your soft skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, people skills confidence, and problem-solving
5. Provides you with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should apply through the link below:
All Applications Close on Friday 14th May, 2021.
1. Application is free and no registration fee is required
2. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered
3. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview.