Fire guts store in Presidential Villa

357
Presidential Villa store gutted by fire
Presidential Villa store gutted by fire

A store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa was reportedly gutted by fire on Thursday, Chronicle NG reports.

According to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the incident was a minor one although it required the attention of the Fire Service.

Mallam Shehu said the fire was triggered by an electrical spark.

The presidential aide said the incident was recorded Thursday afternoon at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa.

Deal of the day

He said: “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.”

“Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded,” the presidential spokesman added.