Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto needed only 342 votes to beat his main challenger, Ahmed Aliyu of the APC in a photo-finish governorship race.
But him and his party, PDP, were not so lucky in the State House of Assembly election as the opposition won it.
As the details of who is who in the Assembly emerge, the APC and PDP split the composition right down the middle.
However, the APC, with 16 members, has an edge over the PDP, which has 14 members.
This picture means that the APC will produce the Speaker of the House and other principal officers.
Below is the list of the members:
1) Aminu Magaji (APC- Dange/Shuni)
2) Mustapha Abdullahi (APC- Sokoto South 1)
3)Malami Ahmed (PDP- Sokoto South II)
4) Suke Romo (PDP- Tambuwal West)
5) Mode Ladan (PDP Tambuwal East)
6)Musa Miko (PDP- Tangaza)
7) Murtala Maigona (APC- Wamakko)
8) Aminu Achida (APC-Wurno)
9) Shehu Yabo (APC- Yabo)
10) Haliru Buhari (PDP- Sokoto North 1)
11) Ibrahim Arzika (PDP- Sokoto North II)
12) Abdullahi Randa (PDP- Tureta)
13) Umaru Sahabi (PDP- Binji)
14) Abubakar Magaji (PDP- Bodinga North)
15) Bala Tukur (APC- Bodinga South)
16) Altine Kyadawa (APC- Gada West)
17) Kabiru Dauda (APC- Bada East)
18) Mustapha Balle (PDP- Gudu)
19) Bello Idris (APC- Gwadabawa South)
20) Abdullahi Garba (APC- Gwadabawa North)
21) Bello Ambarura (APC- Illela)
22) Habibu Modachi (PDP- Isa)
23) Abdullahi Mahmud (PDP- Kware)
24) Abdullahi Zakari (APC- Rabah)
25) Almustapha Aminu (PDP- Sabon Birni North)
26) Saidu Ibrahim (APC- Sabon Birni South)
27) Alhaji Maidawa (APC- Shagari)
28) Atiku Liman (PDP- Silame)
29) Isa Harisu (APC- Kebbe)
30) Faruku Amadu (APC- Goronyo)