Rapper Lil Wayne hospitalized after multiple seizures

340
Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne
Everything on JUMIA

Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne

The Grammy-award winning rapper is said to have suffered a seizure at the hotel, then a second seizure at the hospital.

As TMZ reports, the 34-year-old rapper was found unconscious in his hotel room in Chicago on Sunday afternoon, before being taken to a local hospital where he is currently receiving treatment. His concert in Las Vegas last night was subsequently cancelled.

Wayne, real name Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, suffers from epilepsy and has been hospitalised a number of times in recent years as a result of seizures.

Speaking about his condition in 2013, he said: “The bad news is I’m an epileptic, I’m prone to seizures, going on to explain the bout of fits wasn’t his first.

Read Also DACA: Trump scrap amnesty for young immigrants
Mobile Category

“Like, this isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures, y’all just never hear about them. But this time it got real bad ’cause I had three of them in a row and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 per cent. Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious. But the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself.”

Last month, Wayne hinted that his hugely anticipated next album, Tha Carter V, could be finally set for release.

The record was originally touted for release in 2013, before it was hit by a series of delays and a strange sequence of events that saw notorious pharma boss Martin Shkreli come into possession of the only copy of the record in existence.

But Lil Wayne recent gave fans renewed hope for its release, after claiming that the record was “done” and “ready to be listened to”.