A 13 year old student, name withheld, of the Command Secondary School, Abuja narrowly escaped death after a qualified nurse in the school administered the wrong medication.
The incident happened on the cusp of last month, the student complained about a high fever and was given drugs which led to rashes all over his body.
His lips began to swell and there was evident discoloration, something that appeared like an allergy.
The situation worsened when the nurse abandoned him at the school’s clinic for three days without making an effort to ameliorate his condition.
He was then quickly transferred to the Kubwa General hospital in Abuja.